They’re at it again! Recently we shared with you how Cynthia and Dan had created their beautiful driveway surface with our SpreadStone™ Decorative Concrete Resurfacing Kits.
Now they’ve taken it a step further and moved indoors!
The DIY duo didn’t stop with their driveway and walkway. A few weeks later they decided to tackle the interior of their two-car garage and a side access room.
“We were so impressed with the SpreadStone product outside, that we decided to bring it indoors,” says Cynthia. “We used the same Cold Gold Slate coloring but we reversed our pattern from the outside. This time we did the base coat, then the light gray coating. We added diamond shapes down the center during the last coat.”
The couple decided to finish their handiwork off with three coats of clear finish. Then, like outdoors, they added personal touches by hand painting sea animals on the steps.
“We love our new garage floor,” says Cynthia. “The SpreadStone product was very easy to work with and provided us with tremendous results. In just five days our garage area was beautifully transformed!”
- For an overall project like this, do the garage floor first. This way you can power pressure the garage floor before the driveway so that you don’t put the cleaner on your new driveway surface.
- If you have steps in your garage, plan to do those with a paint brush.
- Go back and revisit the online directions repeatedly to keep you on track.
- Be creative. We reversed colors in different rooms to give each space its own unique look.
- We may have overdone it with the clear finish coat, but we really like the look it gave to the garage floor.