Exterior Plywood Decks
1) Tap down any nails in the boards or tighten deck screws. If the head of the nail or screw looks rusty, it should be replaced with a new galvanized one.
2) Scuff the surface with 100 grit sandpaper to add surface tooth for better bond.
3) Vacuum all sanding dust CAREFULLY. Good vacuuming, means good performance.
4) Plywood must be at least 5/8 exterior grade on 16 joists. Posts should be installed to a depth below the frost line. Caulk all holes and gaps before proceeding with application of ElastoLock.
5) Treat the seams between plywood sheets -- and then the general surface with DAICH ElastoLock Rubber Membrane Coating, and ElastoLock® Seam Mesh and Reinforcing fabric. This will create a highly durable, resilient, water-proof base upon which you can install your desired Daich decorative stone coating.
>> For live action details on treating seams and installing the reinforcing fabric, view the ElastoLock® instruction videos for wood decks on the the ElastoLock product page.
5) Apply the desired spreadable stone finish as directed.
Contact us for clarification about any surface or if you have any technical questions at email@example.com or call 1-866-463-2424.